Thursday, April 28, 2011

Deployment..

So... I'm young, I'm married, and I'm LONELY! My husband is deployed, it has been two months in, and I'm going crazy! I miss him so much, its insane. I know all that I can do is stay positive and keep my head up (even if just for him not to worry about me). At times, it gets really hard. I'm just thankful for my friends and family who talk me through all of it.

I especially appreciate my military wife friends who I can talk to, and relate to! Unless you've been in our shoes, I'm sorry, but you don't understand. Maybe you've had your boyfriend/fiance/husband leave you for like ten hours at a time.. but he comes home to you, and chances are he calls or texts you. When you've experienced a deployment then you'll really know what its like to MISS someone.

It's the little things that you become so grateful for. The kisses, the hugs, holding hands, their smell (even if he does smell like, "a guy".. haha). You miss their voice, the way they look at you, waking up next to them each day.. and just knowing how they're doing! These are things you don't get with deployment.. what so ever!

So, when your sitting on the couch with your husband/wife, just lean over and cuddle. Give them an extra kiss before you leave for work, tell them what they mean to you, and please don't take them for granted. Because once your in a situation where its impossible to physically show how much you love one another, you'll wish you had that time.

That's all I have for now. But, this is an everyday thing for me.. I live the military life for the time being. As proud as I am to be married to such an amazing guy who just so happens to be a Sailor.. I'm ready for us to both live a civilian life together. (:

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so good with this deployment, girl! It's hard, I know.. but like you said, it's an awesome blessing to have friends to help get you through. Lean on them and keep counting the days! Just keep swimming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your one of the main ones I count on Mrs. (: Thank you for EVERYTHING! You've been a blessing!!! "Just keep swimming", yes! That's what I tell Chris! (:
    <3you.

    P.S. if you see something on here that I can fix/tweak/do better (with the blog) let me know :P

    ReplyDelete