Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Our love story:

[Our very first picture together]
Chris and I met mutual friends at a party. (We all know how that usually ends up!) He came up to me and starting talking to me, and of course my friends who knew him were telling me ALL about him. I wasn't too interested, I had a boyfriend at the time... and he was in the Navy (based in CA, so how were we supposed to start a relationship?). So, I went my own way... and from what I heard he continued to ask about me.
I eventually left the boyfriend that I had when he and I first met. Then, out of no where, starting spending quite a bit of time with a guy who went to the same school as Chris. Randomly one day, for no reason at all, I added Chris on Facebook.. he accepted and messaged me. And what do ya know... he asked me about me and my (ex)boyfriend. I told him that he and I had since broke up, and that I had been "talking" to a guy who will remain nameless. He wasn't too happy.. in fact, he asked me why I hadn't even given him a chance. I blew it off, no big deal.. I really "liked" this other guy.. so I didn't want to mess that up. Well, eventually... it destructed itself! And yet again, what do ya know.. he found out and made his way in there by helping me "get through it".
We started talking more and more.. on Facebook, and texting. He would text me morning, noon, and night! He seemed sweeter and sweeter to me. He always tried to talk to me on the phone... I didn't want that, I wasn't ready. He would get so frustrated with me! All he wanted to do was get to know me. So after a long talk with my best friend (my sister Tiffany), I finally answered his phone call! And boy was he shocked!
We talked, and we talked, and we talked... we laughed and even argued; it was actually quite funny since we're just alike in so many ways. After a few months, it was time for him to take leave! He came home right after my birthday and we spent the whole time together! It was amazing, and after that time together... I knew he was the one! We spent 10 days together, and then he went back to California. And things only got better.
Long story short... he came home again in December, he presented me with a ring, we got our marriage license, and headed to the courthouse! And we couldn't be any happier or more in love! Even though we just had a little ceremony between us, we wanted to have our families involved. So, while he's deployed... I'm planning our "recommitment ceremony"! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment